- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Castle Chillon
Expert Review of Castle Chillon
Family Review of Castle Chillon
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The castle, on a rocky island near the shore in Lake Geneva, is Switzerland's most famous and one of its most impressive. Castle Chillon was modified throughout the 12th to 16th centuries, though there were Roman outposts on the rock long before that.
- Shelley, Dumas, Hugo, and Rousseau all wrote about it, but Lord Byron captured the world's imagination with his 392-line poem,
The Prisoner of Chillon, based on political activist Francois Bonivard who was imprisoned here in the 1500s. You can visit the dungeon and see the pillar where he was chained. Bring along a copy of the poem and read it before your visit.
- The castle is open year-round. Tours in English are available, and there is both family and children's pricing. Learn more at www.chillon.ch.
Parking: Jan & Feb., Nov-Dec 10am-4pm, Mar, Oct 9:30am-5pm, Apr-Sep 9am-6pm
Price: Adults CHF 12, Children (6-16) CHF 6
Telephone Number: 41 21 966 89 10
Price Information: Adults CHF 12, Children (6-16) CHF 6
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Montreux, Switzerland Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Montreux, Switzerland
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Montreux, Switzerland Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Montreux, Switzerland
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.