- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Aigle Castle
Expert Review of Aigle Castle
Family Review of Aigle Castle
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Not as famous as Chillon, Aigle Castle is nevertheless impressive and well worth a visit for several reasons. The 12th-century fortress dominates the town of Aigle and offers some of the best views in the region. It served as the residence of Bernese provincial governors and as a prison until 1972.
- The castle sits in the middle of vineyards, so it's not surprising that it's also home to the Vine and Wine Museum, and just across from an historic building housing a museum devoted entirely to wine labels. The castle and museum are open April to October.
- Before or after visiting, head to the Swiss Vapeur Parc in Valais where you can see a 1/8-scale replica of Aigle Castle, built with the same original materials as the castle. It stands about 6.5 feet high.
Parking: 11am to 6pm
Price: Adults CHF 9, Students CHF 6, Children 9 to 16 CHF 5
Telephone Number: 41 (0)24 466 21 30
Fax: 41 (0)24 466 21 31
Price Information: Adults CHF 9, Students CHF 6, Children 9 to 16 CHF 5
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Leysin, Switzerland Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Leysin, Switzerland
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Leysin, Switzerland Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Leysin, Switzerland
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.