- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Glacier 3000
Expert Review of Glacier 3000
Family Review of Glacier 3000
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Want to ski in summer or fall? Les Diablerets' mighty glacier has enough snowy trails for Nordic (cross-country) skiing from June to December. The Snow Park opens in October, before the regular skiing season, giving freewheeling skiers and riders a chance to tune up for the season ahead of the crowds.
- In winter or summer the glacier is a family playground. Dogsledding and snowbus excursions run in winter. In summer there's a challenging fixed-rope route--surefooted is good, acrophobic not so much--and a nice hiking route up to Oldenhorn Peak at more than 10,000 feet.
- Hands-down coolest attraction: the year-round Alpine Coaster, billed as the world's highest bobsled track, which opened in summer 2007. The track sits 20 feet above the ground and riders cruise at 25 miles per hour, covering the one-kilometer track in about two minutes. The route includes a 520-degree loop, ten curves, six waves, three jumps, and two bridges.
Price: ski and snowboard daily card adults range CHF 24 to CHF 57
Telephone Number: 41 (0)24 492 09 23
Fax: 41 (0)24 492 09 24
Price Information: ski and snowboard daily card adults range CHF 24 to CHF 57
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Chesieres, Switzerland Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Chesieres, Switzerland
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Chesieres, Switzerland Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Chesieres, Switzerland
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.