- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Musegg Wall
Expert Review of Musegg Wall
Family Review of Musegg Wall
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- It's a steep walk up to the rampart walls built in the 14th century, but well worth the walk. It's truly a step back in time and gives families a sense of what life was like when knights were walking the paths and towers protecting the city.
- There are several of the old towers in tact, as are the walls, but you can go up into only three of them. Schirmer Tower, named for the hill behind it; Mannli Tower, named for the metal man on its top; and Zyt Tower, which is the famous clock tower.
- As you go about town, listen to the chiming of the clocks on the hour. Do you notice something odd? Zyt Tower is home to the oldest city clock, built back in 1535, and it still works perfectly. Run by stone weights and pendulums, this revered clock's bell is allowed to chime one full minute before every other clock in the city.
Parking: open until 8 pm
Telephone Number: 41 (0)41 227 17 17
Fax: 41 (0)41 221 17 20
Price Information: Free
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Lucerne, Switzerland Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lucerne, Switzerland
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lucerne, Switzerland Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lucerne, Switzerland
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.