- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Pilatus
Expert Review of Pilatus
Family Review of Pilatus
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- One of the great panoramic views in the Swiss Alps is from the top (or near top) of Pilatus, just outside of Lucerne.
- There are two ways to go up: On the cable car that goes from Kriens to just below the summit, or on Europe's steepest cog railway, which travels up from Alpnachstad in an ingenius feat of engineering. The railway opened in 1889. It has a 45 percent gradient (hold on) and was so impressive it was presented at the World Exhibition in Paris that year.
- Children's pricing is 50 percent off for ages six to 16. Allow seral hours for the trip up, taking lots of photos at the top, and the trip back down. Bring sweaters and wear layers.
Telephone Number: 41 (0)41 329 11 11
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Lucerne, Switzerland Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lucerne, Switzerland
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lucerne, Switzerland Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lucerne, Switzerland
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.