- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Sammlung Rosengart (the Rosengart Collection) and the Picasso Museum
Expert Review of Sammlung Rosengart (the Rosengart Collection) and the Picasso Museum
Family Review of Sammlung Rosengart (the Rosengart Collection) and the Picasso Museum
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Picasso's singular painting style and intriguing view of his subjects has long made him a painter children love. It's hard not to be drawn into his vision, and this small museum is just the right size for children to enjoy. The fact that a very modern collection is housed in a 17th century building makes it all the more interesting.
- This collection covers the last year's of Picasso's work, from 1953 to 1969. Among the gems are "Femme et Chien Jouant" and "La Coiffure."
- What makes this museum remarkable is that much of it is given over to 200 intimate and revealing photographs of the artist taken by American photographer David Douglas from 1956 until 1973 when Picasso died. It is a museum in which visitors see not just the works but also the man, creating a very accessible and very human view of art and artists.
Parking: Nov-Mar daily 11am-5pm; Apr-Oct daily 10am-6pm
Price: Admission 15F ($12/£6.25) adults, 8F ($6.55/£3.40) students and children 7-16
Telephone Number: 41/220-16-60
Transportation: Bus: 1
Price Information: Admission 15F ($12/£6.25) adults, 8F ($6.55/£3.40) students and children 7-16
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Lucerne, Switzerland Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lucerne, Switzerland
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lucerne, Switzerland Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lucerne, Switzerland
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.