- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Gletschergaten (Glacier Garden)
Expert Review of Gletschergaten (Glacier Garden)
Family Review of Gletschergaten (Glacier Garden)
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Opened in 1873, this "garden" is actually an excavation site of geological and paleontological importance, with minerals, fossils, and huge glacial "potholes."
- Check out the Mirror Maze, the halls of which are much shorter than they appear.
- Excavations here prove that 20 million years ago, Lucerne was a tropical beach. After you've seen all you want to see here, walk over to the nearby Lion Monument.
Parking: Apr-Oct daily 9am-6pm; Nov-Mar daily 10am-5pm
Price: Admission 12F ($9.85/£5.10) adults, 7F ($5.75/£3) children, free for children 5 and under
Telephone Number: 041/410-43-40
Transportation: Bus: 1
Price Information: Admission 12F ($9.85/£5.10) adults, 7F ($5.75/£3) children, free for children 5 and under
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Lucerne, Switzerland Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lucerne, Switzerland
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lucerne, Switzerland Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lucerne, Switzerland
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.