- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Thun Castle
Expert Review of Thun Castle
Family Review of Thun Castle
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The castle is a nice half-day adventure from Beatenberg, one of Switzerland's Families Welcome resorts. The castle is open year-round but days and hours change with the season so check before going.
- Built by the Dukes of Zahringen around 1195, Thun Castle includes five floors of cultural and historic exhibits and turrets with amazing views. Highlights for families: the great hall and collections of toys and knights' weapons. There was a famous murder here in 1322, too.
- Ask for an English language guidebook when you enter.
Parking: Open daily April, May, October: 10 am to 5 pm, November to January: 1 pm to 4 pm, February-March : 1 pm to 4 pm
Transportation: Thun train station
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Thun, Switzerland Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Thun, Switzerland
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Thun, Switzerland Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Thun, Switzerland
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.