- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Jungfraujoch
Expert Review of Jungfraujoch
Family Review of Jungfraujoch
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- It's not called the "Top of Europe" for nothing. It's the highest railway station in Europe--snow and ice guaranteed. Even if the villages and valleys below are balmy, dress in warm layers and wear good shoes for this excursion--and take it easy when you first get there to acclimate to the altitude.
- What to do? Dog sledding, skiing, snowboarding, eating at high-in-the-sky restaurants, standing on the observation deck with views to Germany and Italy, walking through the eternally frozen beauty of the Ice Palace. Best free fun: Riding snow disks down a slope on the plateau.
- This is a full-day adventure. To start, you take a cogwheel railway to 6,700 feet at the foot of the notorious Eiger North Wall, then hop on board the Jungfrau Railway to climb to 11,000 feet. Even if you don't try any of the sports or adventures, it's worth it for the trip alone.
Parking: train schedules vary
Price: ticket prices vary
Price Information: ticket prices vary
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Gimmelwald, Switzerland Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Gimmelwald, Switzerland
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Gimmelwald, Switzerland Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Gimmelwald, Switzerland
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.