- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Taj Mahal
Expert Review of Taj Mahal
Romance Review of Taj Mahal
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Plan on two visits to the Taj Mahal to experience the monument in different light. Sunrise is sometimes foggy, but it offers a chance to see the mausoleum bathed in the morning's golden glow, and before the tour buses descend. Sunsets are also magical, but inquire if moonlight viewings are scheduled during your visit to Agra.
- There are three entrances to the Taj Mahal. The west gate, which connects directly to Agra Fort, is usually the most crowded. The east gate usually has the shortest (if any) lines.
Conceived by the heartbroken Emperor Shah Jahan as the ultimate monument to love for his favorite wifethe beloved Mumtaz-I Mahal, who died during childbirth in 1631the Taj Mahal is the de facto symbol of India and the country's most (+) More
Conceived by the heartbroken Emperor Shah Jahan as the ultimate monument to love for his favorite wifethe beloved Mumtaz-I Mahal, who died during childbirth in 1631the Taj Mahal is the de facto symbol of India and the country's most popular attraction. The monument can be compared to a theatrical stage, a series of curtains that open to reveal the tomb's exquisitely symmetrical arrangement step by step. Follow the formal gardens and plaintive water channel to the monument and you'll discover that the pearlescent structures are delicately carved and adorned with exquisite inlay work. As one nears Mumtaz's resting place, the monument blossoms with ebony, coral, carnelian, and mother-of-pearl43 different gems adorn the tomb alone. The Taj Mahal combines a sweetly sad tale, an architectural masterpiece, and impeccable craftsmanship to impress even the most jaded visitor. (-) Close
Parking: Sat-Thurs sunrise-sunset
Price: Admission Rs 500 ($12/£6.20), children under 15 free; Rs 50 ($1.25/65p) limited video use
Telephone Number: 0562/233-0498
Price Information: Admission Rs 500 ($12/£6.20), children under 15 free; Rs 50 ($1.25/65p) limited video use
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Agra, India Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Agra, India
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Agra, India Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Agra, India
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.