- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Edmund Forest Reserve
Expert Review of Edmund Forest Reserve
Family Review of Edmund Forest Reserve
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Book a private, guided hike.
- You'll need to obtain official permission to hike here.
- The 3 1/2-hour hike is listed as "strenuous" by some, "moderate" by others.
Parks and Outdoors Review of Edmund Forest Reserve
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The road leading into Edmund Forest Reserve is possibly the best of the limited accesses into the island's central rainforest.
- Set in the hills above the town of Soufriere, the reserve features an entire rain forest ecosystem.
- Keep your eyes peeled for a green jacquot (the St. Lucia parrot), which is the national bird of the island.
This forest reserve is a bird-watching paradise that shelters several rare and endemic species. Pick up a permit and hire a guide at the hut near the start of the trail, and then set out to explore the exotic plants and animals that live in the (+) More
This forest reserve is a bird-watching paradise that shelters several rare and endemic species. Pick up a permit and hire a guide at the hut near the start of the trail, and then set out to explore the exotic plants and animals that live in the rainforest. Allow at least two and a half hours to hike the main trail that cuts through the Quilesse Forest. It isn't a difficult hike, but it is long. Wear shoes with good tread, because the forest floor is wet and slippery. (-) Close
Telephone Number: 1 800 4 ST LUCIA
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- St. Lucia, St. Lucia Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in St. Lucia, St. Lucia
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on St. Lucia, St. Lucia Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in St. Lucia, St. Lucia
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.