This trail begins at the bridge in the lower loop of Desoto Falls Recreation Area. A relatively easy .25 mile trial leads south to lower falls, the upper falls is about .75 mile one way to the north.
Caution: This area is located with in the Chestatee Wildlife Management Area which is open to various hunting seasons throughout the year.
Visitors should stop by the Brasstown Ranger District, or call 706-745-6928 for more information on these trails.
Directions: From Cleveland, Take US 129 north for 15 miles. or US 19 north from Dahlonega for 18 miles to the Desoto Falls Recreation Area.
Distance: 1/4 Mile
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of DeSoto Falls Trail
Parks and Outdoors Review of DeSoto Falls Trail
- The trail starts at DeSoto Falls campground, which makes for a good base camp to explore this part of the Chattahoochee National Forest, as well as do the DeSoto Falls Trail.
- This hike visits two falls in one pretty place, the 650-acre DeSoto Falls Scenic Area. Each of the two falls on this hike has an observation deck.
- Frogtown Creek, home of DeSoto Falls and its tributaries, offers quality trout fishing. Georgia Game and Fish stocks the stream weekly during the summer.
From Dahlonega, take Hwy. 19 north for 18 miles.
Helen, Georgia 30512
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Helen, GA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Helen, GA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Helen, GA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Helen, GA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.