The primary activities at Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation State Historic Site are touring the historic plantation grounds and visiting the museum. There are not any outdoor activities offered at this historic site.
Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation State Historic Site is located in the Coastal Region of southeastern Georgia. The park is found between Brunswick and Darien on U.S. Hwy. 17 just one mile east of I-95 off of exit #9.
Georgia has a warm climate, especially in the southern regions of the state. Expect high temperatures and humidity levels during spring and summer months. The area can offer a relatively warm escape for snow-free outdoor recreation during the winter months.
5556 U.S. Highway 17 North
Brunswick, GA 31525
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation State Historic Site
Parks and Outdoors Review of Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation State Historic Site
- The plantation here is neither the largest nor oldest in the region. It is, however, one of the most representative of its time and place, and for that reason, worth visiting.
- Hofwyl-Broadfield employed less than 400 slaves at any one time. It's worth remembering while touring the big house, that by a ratio of well over 50-to-1, the vast majority of people who lived on the plantation during the halcyon antebellum period were enslaved African-Americans. They rarely, if ever, saw the inside of this home.
- The park here is considered a Colonial Coast Birding Trail site; it features a nature trail along the reclaimed rice plantation providing fine opportunities for viewing waterfowl and other wildlife.
5556 US Highway 17
Brunswick, Georgia 31525
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Brunswick, GA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Brunswick, GA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Brunswick, GA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Brunswick, GA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.