This park is in the coastal region of Georgia.
Guided tours are offered on the island. Visitors may also go on self-guided tours and marsh and beach hikes. The Reynolds Mansion is Guided and self guided tours of the marshes and beaches are available. The light house is a main attraction.
The Reynolds Mansion is available for lodging . Rates include three meals per day, meeting facilities and transportation.
The Sapelo ferry dock and visitor center are located in Meridian, 8 miles northeast of Darien, off Ga. Hwy. 99.
Georgia generally experiences mild, comfortable winters and warm to hot, humid summers. Be prepared for occasional cold weather during the winter.
Route 1, Box 1500
Darien, GA 31305
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Sapelo Island National Estuarine Research Reserve
Parks and Outdoors Review of Sapelo Island National Estuarine Research Reserve
- The reserve's visitor interpretive center offers displays detailing both the natural and human histories of Sapelo.
- The island features a brick lighthouse built in 1820, and restored in 1998. Other structures here include brick and mortar cistern, and the brick remains of the former Oil House, from the pre-electric days.
- Other man-made attractions here include a 4,500 year-old Native American shell ring, a small, traditional Geechee community (hog Hammock, population under 100), and the R.J. Reynolds Mansion, a.k.a., the South End House.
PO Box 15
Sapelo Island, Georgia 31327
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Brunswick, GA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Brunswick, GA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Brunswick, GA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Brunswick, GA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.