- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Aigues-Mortes
Expert Review of Aigues-Mortes
Family Review of Aigues-Mortes
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- This 13th century walled town has much to offer. Inside, history and modern life coexist. The church of Notre Dame des Sablons is the oldest building; it's where crusaders who left from here under Louis IX were blessed. Tour de Constance was a place where prisoners, mostly women, were held for years. There are also food shops, restaurants, and upscale boutiques with appeal for teens and adults.
- Aigues-Mortes is a stop for those boating on the Canal du Rhone a Sete, so the marina and canal are lively and good for boat watching. Better yet, take one of the available boat tours.
- If you have young children, stop for a bit in the main square, Place St-Louis, where they can run and play in your view and you can relax. If possible, visit Aigues-Mortes at night when the ancient walls are lit by moon and lights--it's magical.
Neighborhood: East of Montpellier
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Marseille, France Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Marseille, France
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Marseille, France Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Marseille, France
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.