- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Astoria River Trail
Expert Review of Astoria River Trail
Beach Review of Astoria River Trail
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Like the South Jetty, Astoria River Trail is another place to watch the large ships. The shipping channel is close to shore and easily viewed from the riverfront.
- Check out the interpretive displays, which depict the history of the ferry landing and the dangerous job of pilots who guide ships over the treacherous sand bar.
- Other spots with great views: the sheltered viewing deck at the end of Sixth Street and the dock at 17th Street where two Coast Guard cutters are stationed.
The Trail follows the Columbia River from Sixth Street to 41st Street, along a five-mile stretch of shoreline. One must-stop spot that makes this trail so cool is the 14th Street ferry dock, where a radio speaker allows visitors to hear real-time conversations of pilots, boaters, and the Coast Guard as they go about the work of a major port.
Telephone Number: 503-325-6311
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Astoria, OR Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Astoria, OR
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Astoria, OR Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Astoria, OR
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.