- Be the first to Review
Your rating for South Jetty on Clatsop Spit
Expert Review of South Jetty on Clatsop Spit
Beach Review of South Jetty on Clatsop Spit
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The South Jetty was built by the Corps of Engineers back in the 1800s. It's one of the best places in Astoria to watch the action in the major shipping lane.
- Check out the wildlife-viewing platforms on the spit, especially if you're a devoted bird-watcher.
Stand on the observation platform and get an up-close view of the notorious sandbar where the Columbia River meets the Pacific. Known as the "Graveyard of the Pacific," the Columbia River Bar has claimed 2,000 vessels and some 700 lives. That's why special Bar Pilots take over for ship captains, piloting the boat over these treacherous waters.
Price: $3 day-use fee for park
Telephone Number: 503-861-1671
Price Information: $3 day-use fee for park
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Astoria, OR Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Astoria, OR
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Astoria, OR Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Astoria, OR
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.