- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Ripley Castle and Gardens
Expert Review of Ripley Castle and Gardens
Family Review of Ripley Castle and Gardens
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Want to go into a real, lived-in British castle? Here's your chance. Ripley Castle has been the home of the Ingilby family for the past 700 years. Their family history reflects English history--plague, persecution, royal visits, assassination plots, rebellion, loyalty, executions, and more. Ingilby ancestors worked for Edward III, Henry VIII, Mary Tudor, and Elizabeth I.
- Guided castle tours start at the front door on the hour, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. It takes about 1 1/4 hours to go through the seven rooms on display and hear the stories. After seeing the castle, go out into the walled gardens and park, stroll the lakeside path, check out the children's play area, and watch the herds of deer.
- "We have gone to a lot of trouble to ensure that the tours are as interesting for children as they are for adults," says the Ingilby family. Not surprising given that five children still live at the castle today.
Telephone Number: +44 1423 77 0152
Fax: +44 1423 77 1745
Neighborhood: Harrogate district
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Leeds, United Kingdom Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Leeds, United Kingdom
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Leeds, United Kingdom Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Leeds, United Kingdom
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.