- Be the first to Review
Your rating for York Dungeon
Expert Review of York Dungeon
Family Review of York Dungeon
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Like its counterpart in London and other European cities, the York Dungeons offers chilling encounters and re-enactments featuring bloodthirsty criminals, ghosts, torturers, and notables from the past, in this case York's past. The darkest parts of York's history are interpreted for maximum scary effects. It's dark, sometimes loud, and not for the timid. Buy tickets online at www.thedungeons.com
- One of the interactive areas features an 18th century judge who might pick you from the crowd to be sentenced to perform a "gruesomely fun task" to avoid "languishing in a rat-infested prison."
- Among the experiences: The story of Dick Turpin, famous highwayman who was hanged in York 300 years ago; the frightening she-vampire of a York pottery who was related to Robin Hood; a labyrinth of the Lost Roman Legion; the Plague, and Ghosts of York.
12 Clifford Street
12 Clifford Street
Parking: Feb, March, Oct 10:30am-4:30pm; April-Sept 10:30am-5:00pm, Nov-Jan 11:00am-4:00pm
Price: Adult: £19.95 Children £13.95
Telephone Number: 44 (0) 1202 661 303
Transportation: York Station in Station Road or Bus Station Rougier
Price Information: Adult: £19.95 Children £13.95
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- York, United Kingdom Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in York, United Kingdom
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on York, United Kingdom Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in York, United Kingdom
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.