- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Castle Museum (The)
Expert Review of Castle Museum (The)
Family Review of Castle Museum (The)
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- This museum interprets everday life in various historic periods--Victorian, Edwardian, Georgian, even the 1940s and '50s. It's history, but kids will find plenty to interest them. Don't miss: York Castle Prison--see and feel what it was like to be jailed--and condemned--here.
- Exhibits are recreated rooms, shops, streets, prisons and more. Among the most popular with kids is Kirkgate, the recreated Victorian street, so don't miss that. Other exhibits display historic toys, tools, fashions, armour, and weapons--more kid favorites.
- No strollers are allowed, but there are baby backpack carriers to borrow. There are also baby changing facilities and the cafe has high chairs. Ask for the family tickets if your kids are five or older; there's no charge for four and younger.
Telephone Number: +44 1904 65 3611
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- York, United Kingdom Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in York, United Kingdom
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on York, United Kingdom Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in York, United Kingdom
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.