- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Jorvik Viking Centre
Expert Review of Jorvik Viking Centre
Family Review of Jorvik Viking Centre
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- On the site of a real Viking town uncovered by archaeologists, the Jorvik Viking Centre takes visitors back 1,000 years in history through interpretive exhibits--a blacksmith's home, riverfront, woodturner's home, and Viking-age streets as they would have been in 975 AD. It's a visceral history lesson with sites, sounds, and smells (check out the Viking cess pit).
- There's a living history element here, too, as families can come face to face with "real" Vikings.
- There are likely to be very long lines during school breaks. If that's when you want to go, pay the extra fee to pre-book and skip the lines. In addition to pre-booking, do a little pre-research. Go onto Jorvik's website, www.jorvik-viking-centre.uk to get an excellent background on Vikings and the Viking Age.
Parking: Apr-Oct and Feb daily 10am-5pm; Nov-Jan and Mar daily 10am-4:30pm
Price: Admission £7.75 ($15) adults, £6.60 ($13) students and seniors, £5.50 ($10) children ages 5-15, £22 ($42) family ticket. Rates may change depending on the event
Telephone Number: 01904/643211
Price Information: Admission £7.75 ($15) adults, £6.60 ($13) students and seniors, £5.50 ($10) children ages 5-15, £22 ($42) family ticket. Rates may change depending on the event
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- York, United Kingdom Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in York, United Kingdom
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on York, United Kingdom Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in York, United Kingdom
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.