- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Northern Forest Reserve
Expert Review of Northern Forest Reserve
Parks and Outdoors Review of Northern Forest Reserve
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The most likely spot for glimpsing the parrots, along with almost 100 other species of birds, is along the Syndicate Trail, which begins at a visitors center at the end of a signed road off the main west coast highway on the north end of the island, shortly after the marked trail to Morne Diablotin.
- The Syndicate Visitors Center features interpretive displays that describe the rain forest and its plants, animals, and birds. Restrooms and a snack shop are located on site.
- It is essential to hire a qualified guide to lead you to the summit of Morne Diablotin, and highly recommended for just touring the nature preserves.
The Northern Forest Reserve covers a vast area of the island and sits adjacent to Morne Diablotin National Park, giving the protected space a combined area of 34 square miles. Morne Diablotin, Dominica's highest peak, and Syndicate Estate, a popular (+) More
The Northern Forest Reserve covers a vast area of the island and sits adjacent to Morne Diablotin National Park, giving the protected space a combined area of 34 square miles. Morne Diablotin, Dominica's highest peak, and Syndicate Estate, a popular bird sanctuary, lie within the parks' boundaries. Dominica's two native parrot species live within the Northern Forest Reserve and Morne Diablotin National Park, and they are a prime reason for the area's protected status. The imperial, or sisserou, parrot is the island's national bird and the largest of the Amazon parrots. Only about 200 are left in the wild. Jaco, or red-necked, parrots also live and nest in the area. (-) Close
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Dominica, Dominica Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Dominica, Dominica
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Dominica, Dominica Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Dominica, Dominica
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.