- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Hadrian's Wall
Expert Review of Hadrian's Wall
Family Review of Hadrian's Wall
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Two major sections of the ancient, 73-mile-long wall are in Cumbria. Impressive just to look at, the historical importance of the wall will be of more interest to school-age children and teens. But there are forts and archaeological sites along the wall, and there are now walking and cycling trails, too, so that all ages can enjoy the grand site and countryside. Check out www.hadrians-wall.org.
- This is England's top ancient monument, even surpassing Stonehenge according to visitor information.
- There are guided walks at the wall, which was built in 122 AD.
Parking: Museum/fort 10am-6pm Apr-Sept; 10am-4pm Oct-Feb
Price: Entry into museum/fort £4.10, child £2.10
Telephone Number: 44 0 1434 322002
Transportation: Stagecoach in Cumbria AD122
Price Information: Entry into museum/fort £4.10, child £2.10
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Lake District, United Kingdom Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lake District, United Kingdom
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lake District, United Kingdom Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lake District, United Kingdom
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.