- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Carnival
Review of Carnival
Travel Review of Carnival
Editor Tips & Helpful Hints
- Unlike some of the other Caribbean Carnival celebrations, this one is very convivial and while unilaterally wholesome, is fairly family-friendly. Expect dancing, mind-blowing costumes, and doses of public intoxication (especially during the night parade).
- Carnival consumes Curacao, especially in Willemstad, the capital. Expect most stores to be closed, and traffic to be at a near-standstill during the parades. So, either join in, or head out and hit some of the other tourist attractions, which will likely have less people in attendance.
- For the best photos, find a spot on the parade route (on the street, not the stands). Locals start coming out early, but it's relatively easy to find a good spot. And you can (mostly) hop around the barrier and get the revelers to strike a pose. Just hop back back if you see police.
Parking: Annually each February
Neighborhood: Downtown region
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Curacao, Netherlands Antilles Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Curacao, Netherlands Antilles Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.