- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Shete Boca National Park
Expert Review of Shete Boca National Park
Parks and Outdoors Review of Shete Boca National Park
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- It's possible to drive along dirt roads in the park, but two loop trails take hikers closer to seaside views.
- The trail to Boca Pistol provides an opportunity for a glimpse of sea turtles' hidden breeding grounds.
- Several species of seabirds and lizards are active in the park, especially during the early morning and late afternoon.
Shete Boca means "seven coves" in Curaçao's unofficial language, Papiamento. The coves or bays carved into the coastline at this national park on the windswept northeast coast shelter nesting turtles and offer remarkable sea views. Marked paths (+) More
Shete Boca means "seven coves" in Curaçao's unofficial language, Papiamento. The coves or bays carved into the coastline at this national park on the windswept northeast coast shelter nesting turtles and offer remarkable sea views. Marked paths lead from the visitors center at the entrance to the park along waterfront cliffs, with benches and platforms placed at the most scenic lookouts. Stop at the landside entrance of Viewpoint Cave to hear the thundering roar caused by waves crashing into the waterside opening of Boca Tabla. Walk to Boka Wandomi at the far end of the park, where steps and a wooden ramp lead down to a close-up view of a natural bridge. Allow about two hours to complete the two loop trails that run 1.5 miles (2.4 kilometers) through the park and include Boca Pistol. Stay on the path; signs warn that waves can reach high enough to wash you from the edge of the cliffs. (-) Close
Beach Review of Shete Boca National Park
Editor Tips & Helpful Hints
- Don't miss the path to Boca Pistol, aptly named for the water that shoots through gaps in the rocks when the ocean slams against the cliffs.
- Guided tours can be arranged with the park ranger (by reservation only).
Parking: Daily, 9-5
Price: Nominal entry fee
Telephone Number: 864 0444
Price Information: Nominal entry fee
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Curacao, Netherlands Antilles Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Curacao, Netherlands Antilles Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.