- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Boca Tabla
Expert Review of Boca Tabla
Parks and Outdoors Review of Boca Tabla
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Pick up a map when you enter Shete Boca National Park. Boca Tabla is just below signs for Viewpoint Cave.
- Wear shoes with good tread for walking over volcanic rocks and down into the slippery cave.
- On weekends, food vendors set up stands selling local foods and cold drinks.
Boca Tabla is the most interesting of several caves washed out of the cliffs on the jagged windward coast. Take steps down into the cavern from the dirt trail that leads along the cliffs, and expect to be drenched with water when the sea comes (+) More
Boca Tabla is the most interesting of several caves washed out of the cliffs on the jagged windward coast. Take steps down into the cavern from the dirt trail that leads along the cliffs, and expect to be drenched with water when the sea comes crashing through the opening in the cave's wall. Topside, a scenic seaside path leads to other bocas, or inlets, with similar drama. Boca Pistol, for example, is named for the gunshot explosion of water that spurts through gaps in the rock when the sea slams against the cliffs. (-) Close
Beach Review of Boca Tabla
Editor Tips & Helpful Hints
- Follow the signs to the Viewpoint Cave, which leads to a small cave and a narrow beach that the more daring can explore.
- The water rushes in fast so stay aware of the currents lest you get wetter than anticipated.
- This is arguably the most dramatic of the six inlets in the national park, accessible by a topside path.
Price: Nominal entrance fee
Telephone Number: 844 0444
Price Information: Nominal entrance fee
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Curacao, Netherlands Antilles Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Curacao, Netherlands Antilles Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.