- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Christoffel National Park
Expert Review of Christoffel National Park
Travel Review of Christoffel National Park
Editor Tips & Helpful Hints
- The jungle is dense, so stick to one of the four marked hiking paths, or take a vehicle tour. Maps for both can be found at the visitor area (currently under renovation). You can also pre-arrange for park ranger-led jeep or horseback-riding tours.
- If you're going to climb Mount Christoffel, bring lots of water and avoid the middle of the day, when the sun is at its strongest.
Parks and Outdoors Review of Christoffel National Park
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Get to the park early. Monday through Saturday hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., but no one is allowed to enter later than 2:30 p.m. Sunday hours are 6 a.m. to 3 p.m., with the last entry at 1:30 p.m.
- Eight hiking trails, designated easy to difficult, take visitors into every part of the park.
- Horseback riding and jeep tours must be booked in advance; reservations fill quickly when a cruise ship is in port and during peak tourist season.
Christoffel is Curaçao's largest and most popular park, and the island's nature showcase. The desert-like terrain is home to a vast diversity of wildlife and plants, and a network of trails and driving routes leads through flat countryside; (+) More
Christoffel is Curaçao's largest and most popular park, and the island's nature showcase. The desert-like terrain is home to a vast diversity of wildlife and plants, and a network of trails and driving routes leads through flat countryside; past historic structures; out to the coast; and up Christoffelberg, the island's highest point at 1,239 feet. Several protected wildlife species are found nowhere else in the world, including a type of small deer, two kinds of harmless snakes, and an indigenous breed of owl. Historically, the park has housed Arawak tribes, plantation owners, and runaway slaves, and each group has left a mark. A tour with a knowledgeable guide brings that history to life. Nature lovers will want to explore the park slowly, either on foot or horseback. Jeeps allow visitors to access areas that cannot be reached by standard cars. (-) Close
Family Review of Christoffel National Park
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Book jeep tours ahead of time.
- Arrive early, as the park feels very hot by noon.
(outside of Willemstad)
(outside of Willemstad)
Telephone Number: (5999)/864-0363
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Curacao, Netherlands Antilles Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Curacao, Netherlands Antilles Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.