This trail intersects the James Peak Lake Trail approximately .5 miles form the trailhead. The Ute trail heads north past Little Echo Lake (11,185') then climbs a ridge and heads west on the ridgetop to the Divide. From here walk up the north ridge of James Peak or hike north along the Divide to Rogers Pass (11,860') where Rogers Pass Trail drops into the steep cirques of South boulder Creek drainage.
Directions: From Rollinsville, Turn west onto the Rollins Pass Road about 6 miles to Tolland. Take the road to your left marked "Apex, Mammoth Gulch." The road is fairly rough, becoming a 4WD route after 1.5 miles. Park here and hike 3.5 miles to the trailhead or drive on the designated 4WD route.
Elevation: 11,500 feet
Ending Elevation: 12,300 feet
Elevation Gain: 800 feet
Distance: 3.0 miles
Usage: Moderate to Heavy
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Ute Trail
Parks and Outdoors Review of Ute Trail
- This trail leads to some of the best views and vistas in the area.
- Make sure you have a vehicle with a high clearance as the dirt road to this trail can be a bit rough.
Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests, Colorado
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Winter Park, CO Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Winter Park, CO
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Winter Park, CO Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Winter Park, CO
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.