- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Bingmayong (Terra-Cotta Warriors)
Expert Review of Bingmayong (Terra-Cotta Warriors)
Family Review of Bingmayong (Terra-Cotta Warriors)
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The easiest way to visit the Terra-Cotta Warriors is on an organized tour. Shop around, as prices vary widely and often do not include admission. Some tours also visit other less impressive sights.
- Independent families might prefer to travel to the Terra-Cotta Warriors by local bus.
- Those imitation Terra-Cotta Warriors may look tacky when you are in Xi'an, but they'll look great back home.
Xi'an's biggest claim to fame is the discovery of one of the most spectacular archaeological finds in the world. Often hyped as the Eighth Wonder of the World, it is amazing to think that there were no historical records of the Terra-Cotta Warriors (+) More
Xi'an's biggest claim to fame is the discovery of one of the most spectacular archaeological finds in the world. Often hyped as the Eighth Wonder of the World, it is amazing to think that there were no historical records of the Terra-Cotta Warriors until local peasants unearthed them in 1974. If finding life-sized statues of mounted soldiers armed with real weapons was not amazing enough, the sheer scale of discovery—more than 6,000 figures have been excavated to date—was astounding. Buried about a mile from the lavish (but as yet to be excavated) tomb of Qin Shi Huang, the immense collection of stone fighters provides a fascinating insight into the tormented mind of this formidable man. He was apparently so obsessed with his own death that he began making plans for the afterlife as soon as he became emperor at the age of 13. Walking through the vaults that contain row upon row of the eerily still fighters stirs the imagination of kids and big kids alike. (-) Close
Price: Main exhibits Mar-Nov ¥90 ($12/£5.85); Dec-Feb ¥65 ($8.45/£4.25)
Telephone Number: 029/8391-1961
Transportation: Bus: no. 306 (leaves from the front of the railway station, on the east side). Take the large A/C bus (¥5/65¢/35p) rather than the minibuses that leave when full. Round-trip taxi from the city costs ¥200-¥300 ($26-$39/£13-£20)
Price Information: Main exhibits Mar-Nov ¥90 ($12/£5.85); Dec-Feb ¥65 ($8.45/£4.25)
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Xi'an, China Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Xi'an, China
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Xi'an, China Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Xi'an, China
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.