- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Morro Bay State Park
Expert Review of Morro Bay State Park
Beach Review of Morro Bay State Park
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The park's most recognizable feature is Morro Rock, which sits just off shore for all to see. It's 23 million years old, not that the peregrine falcons who nest there care much about age. Climbing the rock is strictly prohibited.
- On shore, don't miss the Elfin Forest Natural Preserve, where you can see a forest of tiny oaks.
- Roam the boardwalk trail overlooking the bay, visit the Museum of Natural History, and explore the heron rookery (active nesting from February to June).
This park has an amazing variety of habitats. It encompasses reserves, preserves, a marina, golf course, and a very cool forest. Visitors can easily spend several days taking it all in, whether hiking the trails or floating down the park's waters.
Parks and Outdoors Review of Morro Bay State Park
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Morro Bay is most famous for Morro Rock, a prominent volcanic plug edging the bay, and a plethora of seafood restaurants and T-shirt shops. But Morro Bay State Park has plenty to offer outdoors enthusiasts, especially anglers, hikers, and birders. The park's Museum of Natural History is a great place to start your trip. Nature walks and docent-led tours are tailored for all ages.
- Kayaks, sailboats, and canoes are available for rent at the Morro Bay State Park Marina. Whale watching and sportfishing cruises are also available in season.
- Sign up for a guided kayak tour of the Morro Bay Estuary and you are likely to see sea otters, harbor seals, and a wide variety of waterfowl and seabirds.
Morro Bay, California
Morro Bay, California
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Morro Bay, CA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Morro Bay, CA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Morro Bay, CA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Morro Bay, CA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.