- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Coachella Valley Preserve
Family Review of Coachella Valley Preserve
- Stop in the visitor center before you head out for information on trails. Some of the trails are shadier than others, and some would be too much for kids on a hot day.
- To beat the heat, go early, and bring plenty of water. Remember, much of this preserve is in the open desert.
The proximity to the fault means that the land is more wet here than in most of the desert, whic means it's habitable by wildlife that wouldn't otherwise be able to live here. Once inside the preserve, well-marked trails take visitors over marshes, through a fan palm forest, and into the desert. Witness coyotes, mountain lions, hawks, jackrabbits, roadrunners, and reptilesincluding the Fringe-Toed Lizard himselfin their natural habitat. A mile or so into the desert, you’ll find the cool calm of the McCallum Oasis. Be sure to look for signs pointing out plant life along the way.(-) Close
29200 Thousand Palms Cyn Rd
Thousand Palms, California
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Thousand Palms, CA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Thousand Palms, CA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Thousand Palms, CA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Thousand Palms, CA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.