- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Lovers Cove Undersea Gardens
Beach Review of Lovers Cove Undersea Gardens
- The Undersea Garden has been a protected marine sanctuary for years and home to a vibrant population of fish and invertebrates. It's a short walk from the center of Avalon.
- Kelp beds make this an especially beautiful place to snorkel for all abilities and ages. Both snorkeling gear and guided tours are available.
- No diving is allowed at Lovers Cove. Look for the island's famous fishthe brightly colored garibaldi.
Family Review of Lovers Cove Undersea Gardens
- Kayaking is allowed in Lover's Cove, but the local shops don't rent kayaks—you have to get them from the nearby harbor and paddle in.
- Buy some fish food at the Cove Cooler and wade in. The fish are so bold they'll eat right out of your hand.
How to best enjoy Lover's Cove? A trip in a glass-bottom boat, offered by several area tour companies, is family-friendly for all ages. Have older kids? "If you can swim, you can snorkel" is the slogan at the Catalina Dive Shop, offering snorkel training for kids as young as eight and a variety of snorkeling adventures in and around Lover's Cove.(-) Close
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Catalina Island, CA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Catalina Island, CA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Catalina Island, CA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Catalina Island, CA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.