- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Blue Mountains National Park
Expert Review of Blue Mountains National Park
Romance Review of Blue Mountains National Park
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Several Sydney-based tour operators arrange day tours to the Blue Mountains, including Australian Eco Adventures whose small-group trips include breakfast with koalas at Featherdale Wildlife Park, short strolls to superb viewpoints, lunch at Katoomba Golf Club, and a champagne toast at Wentworth Falls. Australian Wild Escapes is another option for day tours to the Blue Mountains.
- If a day trip to the Blue Mountains seems like a rushed option, overnight at Lilianfels, a classy 86-room resort and spa in the town of Katoomba, a short stroll from the trademark vista of the Three Sisters.
- Dodge a rental car by boarding the train from Sydney's Central Station direct to Katoomba. There are several departures daily, and it's a two-hour ride.
Named for the blue haze of eucalyptus-oil mist that wafts through this World Heritage wilderness, the Blue Mountains are just 90 minutes from Sydney. The national park, which flanks both sides of the Great Western Highway, offers towering (+) More
Named for the blue haze of eucalyptus-oil mist that wafts through this World Heritage wilderness, the Blue Mountains are just 90 minutes from Sydney. The national park, which flanks both sides of the Great Western Highway, offers towering waterfalls, Aboriginal stencils, soaring views, and more than 85 miles of trails for bushwalkers and lovers of solitude. It's an easy day trip from the city (and a popular overnight for Sydneysiders), and a visitor center en route in the town of Glenbrook is a good place to get oriented with maps and hiking guidebooks (the official Blue Mountains Heritage Centre is farther along, near Blackheath). The main hub for tourism is the spectacularly situated town of Katoomba, perched on the rim of the Jamison Valley and overlooking the iconic Three Sisters rock formation. (-) Close
Parking: 8:30am - 7pm
Telephone Number: (02) 4787 8877
Fax: (02) 4787 8514
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Katoomba, Australia Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Katoomba, Australia
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Katoomba, Australia Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Katoomba, Australia
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.