- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Bushiribana Gold Mine
Expert Review of Bushiribana Gold Mine
Parks and Outdoors Review of Bushiribana Gold Mine
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- There are no on-site guides or interpretive markers at Bushiribana.
- Plan to visit in the early morning or late afternoon to avoid groups that stop at the ruins on guided island tours.
- Take panoramic photos of the coast from the top of boulders strewn around the ruins. The old walls are too fragile to safely climb.
Facing the ocean on the rugged north side of the island, these falling-down stone walls are all that remain of a 19th-century gold smelter. More than three million pounds of ore were milled here during the 90 years that the mines operated in the (+) More
Facing the ocean on the rugged north side of the island, these falling-down stone walls are all that remain of a 19th-century gold smelter. More than three million pounds of ore were milled here during the 90 years that the mines operated in the nearby hills. Today, the site is interesting to history buffs, bird-watchers, and nature lovers. There are no guides, operating hours, or entrance fees, but the ruins are a scheduled stop on many horse, jeep, and ATV tours. Regular visitors, especially around dusk, include green parrots, iguanas, and wild donkeys. (-) Close
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Aruba, Aruba Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Aruba, Aruba
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Aruba, Aruba Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Aruba, Aruba
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.