While popular chains are nowhere to be found, the shops here are wonderfully unique. The Purple House, for example, stocks candles, toiletries, and accessories in shades of violet and lilac. Sugar fiends can get their fried cake and taffy fix at Funnel House and Candy Baron. And the Village Hat Shop boasts the biggest selection of headwear in the country.
Believe it or not, there is a way to see the village far from the crowds and kids that pack Pelican Pier Pavilion. Rent a wave runner and power past the weekend masses—it's a fun way to cruise the harbor.
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Shoreline Village
Beach Review of Shoreline Village
- Shoreline Village is commercial and can be crowded, but it's a great starting point for fun out on the water.
- You can sign up for sailing lessons, book charters, take a narrated harbor tour, and rent jet skis, fishing skiffs, and family boats. Reservations are recommended, especially in summer.
- On land, ride a carousel, check out a dozen restaurants, or join the throngs shopping. It's a nice setting with plenty to see and do.
419 Shoreline Village Dr.
Long Beach, California 90802
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Long Beach, CA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Long Beach, CA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Long Beach, CA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Long Beach, CA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.