- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Yakutat Glacier
Expert Review of Yakutat Glacier
Beach Review of Yakutat Glacier
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Glaciers in Alaska are labeled with every superlative you can think oflongest, widest, biggest, thickest. In the case of Yakutat Glacier, which feeds into Harlequin Lake, it is said to have the widest face of any lake-calving glacier in North Americain other words, like everything else in Alaska, it's vast with the power to awe and humble.
- One of the best ways to see Yakutat Glacier in all its glory is by flightseeing excursion. Alsek Air Service out of Yakutat is one company that will take you there.
- This is one of the few glaciers that can be viewed from a road-accessed hiking trail, which is a far less expensive option than a fly-over. Rent a car in Yakutat, drive out to a trailhead, and walk about 3/4 of a mile to Harlequin Lake where you can see the glacier calving at the lake's north end.
Telephone Number: 888-925-8828
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Yakutat, AK Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Yakutat, AK
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Yakutat, AK Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Yakutat, AK
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.