- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Hubbard Glacier
Expert Review of Hubbard Glacier
Beach Review of Hubbard Glacier
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Hubbard Glacier sits inside Wrangell-St.Elias National Park. It's a tidewater glacierthe longest in Alaskameaning it flows directly into the sea, in this case into Disenchantment Bay.
- The glacier is accessible only by boat; it takes about 30 to 40 minutes to reach it from Yakutat.
- Spectacular and humbling Hubbard glacier flows over 75 miles, sits about 400 feet above the water line, and has a face six miles wide.
Active and Adventure Review of Hubbard Glacier
Active and AdventureExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Hubbard is known as "the Galloping Glacier" because it's advancing at the speed of a foot a day, which is very fast for a glacier.
- It's calving so much ice that ships can't get very close.
- Prior to seeing the ice blocks detaching themselves, you hear loud cracks, similar to thunder claps.
Telephone Number: (888) 925-8828
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Yakutat, AK Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Yakutat, AK
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Yakutat, AK Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Yakutat, AK
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.