- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Ocean Cape
Expert Review of Ocean Cape
Beach Review of Ocean Cape
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Ocean Cape has been called the northernmost surfing beach in the world. No doubt some surfer will soon venture even farther north to find the next frontier of breaking waves. Until then, you can drive to this beach from town and experience the far north in a new way. Alaska's Department of Natural Resources says, "Ocean Cape is one of a few places in Alaska with ideal waves for surfing."
- The ideal swell here is said to be from the west/southwest, and, like other beaches in Yakutat, the surf is inconsistent and unpredictable. Some say April or May and September are the best surfing months, but it's not uncommon for there to be snow on the only road in May, making it impossible to get to. Others say summer brings good waves. Find out for yourself.
- Watch out for dangerous rips and rocks here.
Telephone Number: 888-925-8828
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Yakutat, AK Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Yakutat, AK
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Yakutat, AK Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Yakutat, AK
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.