- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Cannon Beach
Expert Review of Cannon Beach
Beach Review of Cannon Beach
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Outside magazine called Yakutat one of the top surfing towns in the nation. Cannon Beach, the town's main beach, is about four miles from town, and there's a road to it. In surfer's terms, it offers an exposed beach breakand dangerous rip currents are possible.
- As is true of all of Yakutat's surf spots, it's likely that you'll be the only one out there. But unlike popular surfing beaches in California and elsewhere, the locals here not only don't attempt to own the waves, they openly welcome visiting surfers. It's a good idea to find a local surfer to go out with you to show you where the waves and the rocks are.
- For the best local surfing info stop in at Icy Waves surf shop in Yakutat. You won't find it in a commercial areait's in the back of the owner's house. Thanks to a lot of media attention, it's become something of a celebrity spot (we're talking celebrity Alaska style, not Hollywood style).
Telephone Number: 888-925-8828
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Yakutat, AK Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Yakutat, AK
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Yakutat, AK Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Yakutat, AK
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.