- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Amelia Island Museum of History
Family Review of Amelia Island Museum of History
- If your family loves spooky stories, opt for the ghost tour, offered every Friday evening at 6:00 p.m. The tour starts in the cemetery behind St. Peter's Episcopal Churchcall the museum for details.
- For information on other walking tours offered by the museum, visit the website's tour page: http://www.ameliamuseum.org/default.php?page=tours.
Housed in the historic 1878 Nassau County Jail, the museum offers docent-guided tours through the building, as well as walking tours of some of the island's notable areas. A one-hour Eight Flags tour is offered daily Monday through Saturday at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., and Sundays at 2:00 p.m. Buy tickets online or on-site. Groups of four or more can arrange private tours by calling ahead of time.
Permanent exhibits at the museum include: Footprints in Time, highlighting the personalities that shaped the area; Timucuan Village, where you can learn about the Native American peoples that were the Island’s first inhabitants; and exhibits detailing the area’s Civil War and Spanish Mission-era history.(-) Close
Between Beech and Cedar sts
233 S. 3rd St
Amelia Island, Florida
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Jacksonville, FL Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Jacksonville, FL
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Jacksonville, FL Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Jacksonville, FL
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.