Each Memorial Day weekend, more than 300,000 spectators come to the 2.5-mile course to watch the Indianapolis 500. The raceway also hosts a motorcycle race called the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix, and The Brickyard 400 is held each summer.
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum (open daily 9am-5pm; $3 adults, $1 children 6-15) is within the track's oval, as are 4 holes of the Brickyard Crossing golf course.
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is so large that you could fit the Roman Coliseum, Vatican City, Wimbledon Campus, Rose Bowl, Yankee Stadium and Churchill Downs inside the 2 1/2-mile oval.
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Family Review of Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Bring earplugs for small kids.
- There's a museum here, too.
4790 W. 16th St
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Indianapolis, IN Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Indianapolis, IN
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Indianapolis, IN Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Indianapolis, IN
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.