- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Hiram M. Chittenden (Ballard) Locks
Expert Review of Hiram M. Chittenden (Ballard) Locks
Parks and Outdoors Review of Hiram M. Chittenden (Ballard) Locks
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Between the boats, fish, and gardens, this place can please a group of people. Watching small boats move through the locks provides a fascinating insight into the nuances of the maritime lifestyle common to the Pacific Northwest.
Beach Review of Hiram M. Chittenden (Ballard) Locks
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- This is a national historic place, and it includes not only the fascinating locks, but also a botanical garden and a visitor center with exhibits. Lots of boats pass through these locks so there's usually something to see.
- The best part may be the fish ladder and the underwater viewing windows that allow visitors to see salmon determinedly returning to their spawning grounds by using the ladders. The best time to see the adults is June to November. From January to April you might see steelhead.
- Free guided tours of the facility are offered March through November.
3015 NW 54th St
3015 NW 54th St
Parking: Daily 7am-9pm (visitor center: May-Sept daily 10am-6pm; Oct-Apr Thurs-Mon 10am-4pm)
Price: Free admission
Telephone Number: 206/783-7059
Transportation: Bus: 17 or 44
Price Information: Free admission
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Seattle, WA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Seattle, WA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Seattle, WA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Seattle, WA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.