- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of The Manitou/Traverse Tall Ship Company
Family Review of The Manitou/Traverse Tall Ship Company
- Looking for more adventure? Kids over 12 and their parents can take the four-day Windjammer cruise. Check www.tallshipsailing.com for more information.
- The ship offers special events including entertainment cruises with live music ($60 adults, $41 children), or the popular "Moomers Ice Cream Sail" from 3 pm to 5 pm on Monday and Friday afternoons ($40 adults, $20 children).
- For lodging you can really write home about, try staying in the Manitou overnight, when it turns into a Bed & Breakfast. This opportunity is open to kids eight and older (with parents). Check website for pricing and availability.
Anyone who’s ever dreamed of being on an old-fashioned tall ship (the sailboats with very high masts like those in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies) will want to check out the Tall Ship Manitou while in the Traverse City area. A 114-foot long(+) More
Anyone who’s ever dreamed of being on an old-fashioned tall ship (the sailboats with very high masts like those in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies) will want to check out the Tall Ship Manitou while in the Traverse City area. A 114-foot long replica of an 1800’s cargo schooner (like those that sailed the Great Lakes over a century ago), the Manitou sails out of Traverse City up to three times a day and offers tours to fit any family’s interests, ages, and availability. The noon, afternoon, and evening sails are about two hours each.
Because of the boat’s sheer size, the experience isn’t quite as likely to make you seasick as being in a smaller sailboat or water craft. The cruises are very safe: The Manitou meets or exceeds Coast Guard safety regulations, and the captain and crew are experienced and capable.(-) Close
13390 S.W. Bay Shore Dr.
Traverse City, Michigan 49684
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Traverse City, MI Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Traverse City, MI
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Traverse City, MI Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Traverse City, MI
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.