- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
Expert Review of Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
Parks and Outdoors Review of Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- There are 241 birds on site including hummingbirds, roadrunners, hawks, eagles, owls, quail, mockingbirds, and more. The museum has even rehabilitated birds such as the Harris hawk and golden eagle and reintroduced them to the wild.
- Bring your hat and sunscreen, about 85 percent of the museum is located outdoors.
Active and Adventure Review of Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
Active and AdventureExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The museum has so many wondrous things to see that you'll want to stay longer than you had planned. An early start helps, and this is when many of the animals are most active.
- Most of the exhibits are outdoors, so comfortable shoes, hat, and sunscreen will enhance your visit.
- Check the excellent website for special events such as the Raptor Free Flight program. On "Summer Saturdays" you can experience life in the evenings when the hours are extended to 10 p.m.
2021 N. Kinney Rd
2021 N. Kinney Rd
Parking: Oct-Feb daily 8:30am-5pm; Mar-Sept daily 7:30am-5pm
Price: Admission Sept-May $12 adults, $4 children 6-12; June-Aug $9 adults, $2 children 6-12
Telephone Number: 520/883-2702
Transportation: From downtown Tucson, go west on Speedway Blvd., which becomes Gates Pass Rd., and follow the signs
Price Information: Admission Sept-May $12 adults, $4 children 6-12; June-Aug $9 adults, $2 children 6-12
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Tucson, AZ Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Tucson, AZ
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Tucson, AZ Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Tucson, AZ
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.