- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
Family Review of Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
- Temperatures drop significantly as you head up the mountain, so dress in layers and bring along appropriate footwear if there's snow at the top.
- Holidays tend to be crowded on the tram.
Offering panoramic views of the mountain and surrounding(+) More
Offering panoramic views of the mountain and surrounding scenery, the ride up is reason enough to take the trip. Once you're at the top, the Mount San Jacinto State Park and Wilderness greets you with 54 miles of hiking trails ranging from a 5.5-mile trek to a more sedate one-mile nature walk. The temperature up in the mountains is 20 to 30 degrees cooler than down in the valley, so you can enjoy a hike even on the hottest summer day. During snowy periods, the Winter Adventure Center offers cross-country skiing and snowshoeing equipment for rental until 3:00 PM.
Bring your own food and have a picnic, or choose between a café and fine-dining restaurant at the top. When you've had your fill of the mountain air and scenery, grab another tram for your return trip to the valley below.(-) Close
Romance Review of Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
- You can access 54 miles of hiking trails from the Mountain Station; some you may have entirely to yourselves.
- There is a restaurant at the top, but ask your hotel to pack a picnic, and then find a secluded spot for just the two of you.
off Hwy. 111
Palm Springs, California 92262
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Palm Springs, CA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Palm Springs, CA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Palm Springs, CA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Palm Springs, CA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.