- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of The Living Desert Zoo & Gardens
Active and Adventure Review of The Living Desert Zoo & Gardens
- Check online for admission discount coupons.
- Ask about special seasonal events like Gray Whale Tours.
- Take kids to the Discovery room to touch and learn.
Family Review of The Living Desert Zoo & Gardens
- Arrive early to beat the heat and see the most animal life. Many of the critters go undergroundor under a rockwhen the sun's beating down overhead.
- Come prepared to walk, as there's a lot to see. There's also a tram service$6 per person gets you aboard all day long.
Learn more about the varieties of cacti, palms, and other vegetation that live in deserts throughout the world; glimpse rare Mexican wolves, lions, and bird life in Eagle Canyon; crane your neck to see a family of super-sized mammals in the giraffe exhibit; learn about the Safari at Village WaTuTu; and watch animal procedures and treatments take place at the newly-built Wildlife Hospital & Garden. Kids will want to visit Gecko Gulch, an outdoor play area that offers the younger set a chance to dig, climb, slide, and pan for gold.(-) Close
47-900 Portola Ave
Palm Desert, California
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Palm Springs, CA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Palm Springs, CA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Palm Springs, CA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Palm Springs, CA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.