Trails branch between towering hickories and cross patches of sunflowers, bluestem grasses, and asters. The paths wind five miles through the arboretum's diverse habitats and provide shelter for species common to the area. Just below a canopy of shady oaks you might spot a Blue Jay, Carolina Chickadee, or Northern Mockingbird. If you're really lucky, the Southern Flying Squirrel will cross overhead. The small squirrel can soar 350 feet from tree to tree.
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Houston Arboretum & Nature Center
Family Review of Houston Arboretum & Nature Center
- Five miles of nature trails are free and open to the public.
- Don't miss the Discovery Room, an interactive area with a 25-foot "learning tree" and "pondering pond."
- Nature classes enroll kids 3 to 12.
4501 Woodway Dr.
Houston, Texas 77024-7708
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Houston, TX Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Houston, TX
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Houston, TX Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Houston, TX
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.